Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Installation of Vitotrol 300

jim_51
jim_51 Member Posts: 69
I have a Viessmann Vitogas 100 with a Vitotronic 200. I would like to add a Vitotrol 300. Would a homeowner be able to install? Where is a good place to purchase. Contractor in area is no longer available.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited December 2011
    Install

The install itself is reasonably easy. Its the coding and the placement where you better know what you are doing. If the Vitotrol is not being used in an open floor plan or the zone is not just one room, placement is critical to proper function. Control provides indoor temp feedback. I wouldn't sell it direct to a homeowner.

What type of application?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• jim_51

System has one heating circuit and two zone with outdoor reset. One is upstairs and the other zone is on lower level.

Upper zone is open floor concept. Want to place Vitotrol upstairs in open room on inside wall.
  • jim_51

System has one heating circuit and two zone with outdoor reset. One is upstairs and the other zone is on lower level.

Upper zone is open floor concept. Want to place Vitotrol upstairs in open room on inside wall.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Effect

The Vitorol is going to effect water temp for both zones. If you had 2 heating circuits then it would work like a champ.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.