Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prestige Solo110 Parameters

I need to know parameters for a Prestige Solo110 with a revision 1 MCBA.  I've got a two boiler setup with indirects and a tekmar control.  One of the boilers is giving me an E24 error (return hotter than supply), and I think parameters are set in a way that reset or dhw setting are running one boiler hotter than the other.  Problem is one has the Rev. 1 control and the other Rev. 5 so I can't simply match parameter settings and I haven't been able to find the right control supplement (neither has my supplier).

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited December 2011
    Tekmar

What Tekmar control are you using? Do you have pri/sec piping? Parameter 45 should be set to 02 telling the boilers to accept a 0-10vdc signal and the tekmar control should be the brain. Are you sure your using the correct Tekmar control?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 347
    check piping

It may not be a control issue. If its a new installation or one of the boilers was recently added, I'd check you piping first and make sure it's piped correctly. You may just need a strategically placed check valve somewhere. Do  have a piping schematic you could post
  • CMadatMe
    edited December 2011
    I Think

Its a control problem. He has 2 boilers and the boiler controls should not be the brain the Tekmar control should. What other reason for the Tekmar control? If he is using the standard 2 stage Tekmar control he ihas the wrong control. Should be using the 365 which sends a 0-10 signal for supply temp, controls dhw as well as boiler staging.

• Hovlandstech
    Hovlandstech Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2011
    Details

I don't have my notes in front of me but I think it has the Tekmar 262.  More of a staging control than boiler mod control.  Boilers have been in operation around 5 years now and this problem arose when we replaced the MCBA in one boiler.  I think parameters are set differently and causing one to shoot for a higher temp at times.

We installed these boilers as part of a weatherization low bid program- hence the tekmar (bid called out for boiler staging control- you get what you pay for).

While I haven't seen the problem actually occur, it seems to be a situation when both boilers are running.  The E24 error is boiler return temperature higher than targeted supply temperature.  I'm thinking one boiler is running at a higher temp and taking the system water above the second boilers target supply.
  • CMadatMe
    edited December 2011
    How

Does the 262 tells the boilers what to do, ie supply temp, dhw temp? Page 35 of the attached begins the Tekmar segment for wiring and parameters. Sure you don't have a Tekmar 265 which has now been replaced with the 365.

This discussion has been closed.