Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Flow valves

Larry045
Larry045 Member Posts: 1
I recently had a new Peerles boiler installed by a licensed plumber. I had 4 B&G ciculators with 4 Honeywell Flow control valves. After the installation I noticed the plumber removed the 4 flow control valves and i couldn't get him back. Unfortunatley during the installation I was on a trip and my wife didn't know any better. So because the flow control valves were removed I essential had gravity feed to the other zones when the circulator was off. I purchased 4 new TACO pump with Integrated flow check valves but now seem to have a problem on one zone. Any ideas.

Thanks 

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    IFC's:

Simply stunning. What were they thinking?

IFC's as flow checks in place of real flow check valves are rather wimpy and noted for "Ghost Flow". They sometimes flow from another circulator. I hate them because if you drain and winterize houses, you don't know they are there and there is no way to open them to let them drain back.

Doesn't the installer realize that a "zone valve" is just a motorized flow check?
  • furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    flow control valve

On the zone giving trouble, remove the internal flow check and add a real flow control.

See if you can get the plumber to fix it under warranty. 
This discussion has been closed.