Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

outside oil tanks

Options
Paul_69
Paul_69 Member Posts: 251
when it gets real cold out the outside oil tanks pop up with problems. i know that every one has alot of different solutions but i have found in mass. that it seems like the ones that are always no trouble are the ones that are in wood enclosures. i know thats what i have been surveying. anybody finding this true?

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    depends

on temperature, and if there is any water/condensation. Years ago, we only ran kero in ouside tanks. Now it's just #2 and additive. Top of the tank supply lines also can help, but I have seen both fail when it gets extremely cold, bottom or top. New installs in Mass, outside tanks, have to be piped off the top, bit I still have a many that are existing tanks that are bottom fed. 
  • add
    add Member Posts: 94
    Options
    no more kero?

why is it that no one sales kero to outside tanks?is it the cost or something other than the price, thank for the curiosity.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    price and

the fact that there are not many outside tanks, in my customer base anyway. We can flush out our diesel truck and deliver kero, which we do, but years back we had a truck strictly for kero. With the price, many opt to burn #2 with an additive. 
  • Tony Massi
    Tony Massi Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Oil Tank problems

You could install a oil tank heater. I believe the company that makes them is Rollie.
This discussion has been closed.