Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Beckett AF Burner pre-1989 vintage

Bill58Cavu
Bill58Cavu Member Posts: 1
I've replaced lines, filter, nozzle and electrodes. The cad is clean but I haven't tested it. I'm getting a good arc from the transformer terminal. It'll fire right up with a good flame and run for three four days then shut down. Can an older iron transformer be failing intermittenly causing it to cutoff? I may be slowly rebuilding this unit piece by piece. What else am I missing?

Comments

• add
    add Member Posts: 94
    you also need to

check your burner motor ,and your primary control.more info can definetely help in helping you out.good luck.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    spark

It should be at least 1/2 inch, and not yellowish. The old transformers would get weaker and weaker before they die, unlike electronic ignitors. Have you replaced the electrodes? Pump strainer? What heating unit do you have, and what are the nozzle specs that you are running in it? Combustion readings? Draft readings? Pump pressure? "Z" dimension checked? What primary control, and OHM readings when fired? Is there a solenoid on the pressure side of the fuel pump? Honeywell with a resistor in the coil? It can be so many things that can cause this, but I would say probably not your transformer.
This discussion has been closed.