Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bow Oxypex VS Rehau Oxybarrier.

Options
I have always used Rehau Oxybarrier pipes when installing on a wood base with a lightweight concrete pour. I have never had a problem with squeaking.

I've recently seen Bow's Oxypex drop in price and I am thinking about giving it a try. But It seems to be extra noisy against wood, so I wanted to know if anyone has had a bad experience with it squeaking against the wood base under a lightweight concrete.

Or am I worrying too much since its all going under the concrete?

I have given Bow customer service a call and have had no clear answer..

Comments

• NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    Options
    can't make noise

in the concrete.

leaders in the joists underneath could though. If you haven't been making noise with raupex you won't make noise with anything else... that stuff was Squeaky! I heard they changed the outer layer recently though, have you noticed that?
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
  • Hammertime
    Hammertime Member Posts: 6
    Options
    new Rates for Rehau

Yeah, the outer layer is definitely much more durable, I think they might have done away with the 'plastic wrap' or if not then they have at least improved it to the point where I don't see any tearaway at all anymore.

To let everyone know.. I spoke to my sales rep at my whole-saler and they have an agreement with Rehau that if I continue to purchase their product exclusively, I can get very comparable pricing on the piping, as well as a universal discount on all of their related heating product across the board.

awesome stuff.
This discussion has been closed.