Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ideas?

AFred
AFred Member Posts: 81
I have a customer that just remodeled part of their house. My company did a few changes to their system; added 2 zones of pour over in-floor(one for each 2nd flr bath), zoned 1st and 2nd flr( 1st floor is all home run cast iron rad, 2nd floor still on the old mains), radiators in 2 of the spare bedrooms were removed and replaced with CIBB(2nd flr).

Heres the problem(2nd flr), the master br has a massive radiator and heats up right away, the other 3 bedrooms (2 with CIBB, 1 with radiator) don't start to heat up untill the master br is about 80*.

The boiler is about a 20 year old power vented weil, pump is on the return( it would take quite a bit to repipe that). It has a old b+g LR20(1/20 HP), I can't find info on the pump curve for that b+g.

Is it worth trying a higher head pump? What can I do?

They actually need a new boiler, but I don't want to have this problem with a new boiler too.

???Help

-Andrew

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    a couple things...

BTW the LR20 cross ref w/ a grundfos 15-58 (on high spd.). 

I would add a TRV on the master bedroom rad. that way when it satisfies it shuts it off. A Grunfos Alpha (15-55) would also be a good addition as it will adapt the pressure to when the rad opens and closes.... thats a start.
  • AFred
    AFred Member Posts: 81
    Follow-up

I closed the rad valve on the master br, put a Taco 0011 in place of that LR20, closed the by-pass a little more, and shot some fernox cleaner in it.

A few hours later I had one very happy homeowner on the phone.

-Andrew
This discussion has been closed.