Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TT internal exhaust pipe

pipe4zen
pipe4zen Member Posts: 108
Seems like TT PS 110 internal exhaust pipe was changed to some type of grey plastic material instead of stainless. I also noticed a tapping and plug.

What is the material , and why they changed, is the tapping another port for combustion testing?

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Probably...

CPVC.

I wish ALL manufacturers would put a test port on their exhaust AND intake pipes.

Whats it going to add, $5.00 to the price of the appliance?

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    TT exhaust pipe change

I would guess that change to cpvc was done for cost for one thing and also have had quite a few sensor port failures on the flue pipe for the tt ps399s. Sensor port pops loose from flue pipe inside cabinet and leaks flue gasses into cabinet. Make sure to check your 399s out there. very common on ones 2+ yrs and older.  Good luck and stay warm.
  • Kestrel
    Kestrel Member Posts: 102
    sample port

If there is no factory installed sample port(s), how do you install one?

The reason I ask, I've got the new boiler (Loch WHN-085) on the wall, though not plumbed or ported yet.  I've been considering the SS venting options, but was leaning toward CPVC and the combination exhaust/intake exterior fitting that came with the boiler.

Where and how would you place sample ports on CPVC venting?  Is there a fitting?  Do you just drill a hole?  If the latter, how do you seal it?

Finally, on some installs I've seen (google images), there is a condensate drain in the exhaust piping - when is that advisable or necessary?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.