Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

3 way diverter valve

Options
radmix
radmix Member Posts: 194
IM looking for a 11/4 sweat diverter valve full port that will divert water from the boiler to the distribution system,  To Solar tanks to the distribution system. The valve must shut down A port while opening B port.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
  • radmix
    Options
    I Valve

The Taco I Valve is a mixing valve with outdoor reset. I have used these in the past. I need a diverter valve
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    The Have

A setpoint version.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    full port?

how many gpm are you trying to flow? 3 way zone valves will be somewhere around 7.5- 8 cv. 3 way zone valves flow into the AB port and to either A or B port. Motor open, spring close.

There are 3 way ball valves, diverting or bypass. In one position you have a full port flow, when the ball rotates the flow is around the edge. so the Cv is different depending on which port is open.

With a 3 way zone valve the Cv is the same in either direction.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    Options
    Let me know

if you find something like that...so I can use it to switch between DHW and Heating without using two pumps and check valves. Could be done with two White-Rogers 11/4 zone valves, but for the cost and labor you might just as well use two pumps and checks.  
  • radmix
    Options
    diverter valve

I need 6 gpm for the proper flow for a primary loop on a triangle tube boiler. I was looking at the Caleffi Solar manual but the diverter valve only goes uo to 1".
This discussion has been closed.