Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anyone seen a thermostat like this

Longshot
Longshot Member Posts: 6
The thermostat below is an old style Wirsbo 508. I know they have new thermostats now an they keep calling them 508's. Or Uponer or Tekmar or someone keeps calling them 508's. It's a damn shame because it's confusing when they come out with a new model and don't change the nomenclature. In any case mine went out and a call to Uponer resulted in them telling me I had to get their new thermostat and change the controller as well, but maybe only on one zone and maybe then the acuators would work too - maybe. Well I thought Id take a chance and see if any of you have a working model of this thermometer collecting dust on a shelf somewhere.

Comments

• croydoncorgi
    croydoncorgi Member Posts: 83
    Be careful what you wish for!

Wirsbo got rolled into Uponor quite a fewyears back, so all the current stuff (here in UK, anyway) carries the Uponor brand.

I had a repair job on a Uponor radio-room-stat setup: a radio stat in each room, with one channel per zone.  Snag was that individual channels on the central controller box kept failing, so eventually there were fewer available than the number of rooms!  So had to change the whole shebang!  All the room stats and the central controller AND the wall display unit.  New one lasted six months!  Customer not pleased.  Uponor said 'bad batch' and replaced it under warranty.  But it took a devil of a job to get them to pay ME for my return visit and time spent changing out the box and re-mapping all the room stats!  (They did pay - eventually.)
  • Longshot
    Longshot Member Posts: 6
    Good story Croydoncorgi.

I hope I remembered how to spell your name by the time I switched to the "post" mode. Yeah, it's the same thing in the states. Wirsbo became Uponer. Sounds like something a jockey says just before mounts. Didn't know they said "whole shebang" in the UK though. We've had enough history together that anything could be.

Doug
This discussion has been closed.