Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Having Trouble with a TT PS 60

Options
Got a no heat call yesterday evening, I installed this boiler about a month ago, everything checked out at the time.  In the start-up mode at pre-purge a 9 code comes up (burner blocked).  Removed burner assy looks good, no signs of any particles or soot, blew off wilh compressed air and reassembled.  No luck.  Tried calling TT, they are shut till Mon.

Has anybody else had this problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It's been warm during the day but gets pretty chilly in the evening.  Would like to get these folks back on line asap.

Thanks loads

Rich Davis, 3m's

Comments

• pipe4zen
    pipe4zen Member Posts: 108
    Options
    error codes

soft lockout error code shows 9 alernating between boiler temp and "b" and two digit number.

What were they?
  • Rich Davis_2
    Rich Davis_2 Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Got Her Goin'

Thanks for the quick reply that got me headed in the right direction,
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Tell us what it was

so that we can all learn.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • pipe4zen
    pipe4zen Member Posts: 108
    Options
    TT

Glad I could help,

was it air bound or the pump?
  • Rich Davis_2
    Rich Davis_2 Member Posts: 117
    Options
    There Were Two Problems

The homeowner had tried to purge some air from the system, he had closed the supply and return valves to the boiler, which somehow caused to LWCO to to cause a soft lockout b-26.  And then my lack of knowledge not to realize that it was a 9 indicating a soft lock out, not a 9 as a burner problem and I mistook the b as a 6 (reached set temp). As soon as I opened the closed valves everything was fine.  Hopefully I'll learn and remember from my mistakes.  I'm not to sure about the remembering part.

What is your trick for removing the blower unit from the top of theHX/burner, as there is a mounting screw right under the blower motor. 

Thanks again for the replies

Rich Davis
  • Gordan
    Gordan Member Posts: 891
    Options
    A very long screwdriver

12" ought to do it. I actually got one with a blower kit I ordered; not sure whether they come standard that way because another blower kit didn't have one. Remove the top access panel, of course.
This discussion has been closed.