Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pressure problems

Options
i have a oil fired  v series burnham which is a hydronic  pressure builds while sytem is heating  causing relief valve to blow  i replaced both the relief valve and expansion tank and im still having the issue also check feeder and it seems to b working and not overfeeding boiler any ideas ? 

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Is the boiler doing DHW also?

Could be a pin hole leak in your coil. Shut off the make up water, and if pressure stabilizes, its your pressure reducing valve, or another problem related to pump location in relationship to the expansion tank and the make up valve.

If that doesn't work, and you are doing DHW with the boiler, turn the cold water make up to the DHW off overnight and see if the pressure stabilizes. If it does, your coil has failed.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    couple things

X tank to small for system could be one. Unless that size has always been used trouble free. 

To high system fill pressure.  Fill pressure should be set will system is at ambient temperature. X tank should be set isolated from system.

If there is an indirect waterheater the heat exchanger could have a hole allowing domestic water pressure to raise heating side system pressure.

Gordy 
This discussion has been closed.