Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Replacement for Lennox Complete heat

Options
Nottoday
Nottoday Member Posts: 6
I am looking for a replacement for a HM30 heating module that is piped into a AM30 air handler.  The HM30 is 100K BTUH, I would like to keep the AM30 air handler.  This unit does both domestic hot water and space heating.

Any ideas................

David

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    I do

not believe Lennox offer's any parts for this system. I would recommend a complete replacement starting with a heat loss of your home. Get a good contractor to come in and give you options..
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    Options
    replacement

replace it with a Lochinvar Knight wall hung boiler - No more problems. Only do the wall hung model.
  • Nottoday
    Options
    a little more

This system is set up in a condo on the 5th floor in Denver, the venting/combustion air is done through 2 3" pvc pipe that go into the concrete ceiling so I have to stay with high eff.  If I replace with a wall hung boiler I will have to also install a storage tank for domestic hot water.  The air handler is rated at 70k BTUH and still works fine.  This building is only 9 years old this is was  designed with it.  They hung this tank/boiler 4 feet off the ground to @#$%.
  • lchmb
    Options
    mod/con

I'm sure you dont want to, but from what I've read they have stopped making parts for this system. It may run great now but it will break at the worst possible time and you will be searching for a way to fix it.. Do it once right and it will be easier in the long run.  A high efficiency mod/con boiler with indirect will be a nice way to go.
  • Nottoday
    Options
    Yea but

in the long run I don't plan on being there.  Can you tell me what you mean by mod/con?
  • lchmb
    Options
    It

is a modulating condensing boiler. It run's very efficiently and quiet. (Buderus, Triangle tube, Viesmann)  Although you may not plan to be there, with a properly installed system you can get your investment back at sale time. If you stay with a discontinued system a home inspection may catch this and you'll be paying to replace it at that point. I'd do it now and save on the fuel...
  • Nottoday
    Options
    HVACPartshop.com

Has coils, blower wheels, gas valves, control boards, inducer motors etc........for both AM30 and HM30 units.

Does anybody else have any good ideas that don't involve taking out a second mortgage????????
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Options
    Lennox complete heat

Yeah - Why don't we throw more good money into a piece of crap.

So you fix it and then you go to sell the house and any good inspector is going to reccomend that the boiler be replaced.

You could install the Triangle tube prestige excelance. It has a water heater built into it with a storage tank.
  • lchmb
    Options
    ok...

so if everything is available through that site why not purchase what you need and rebuild it? What is wrong with this unit?
  • AFred
    AFred Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Replacement Option

Look into the Polaris, its made by American water heater.

We have put a few in for the local Community Action, I'm starting to warm up to them. I think they would be perfect in place of that HM30.

-Andrew

http://www.americanwaterheater.com/products/productDetails.aspx?ID=1052
  • Nottoday
    Options
    That's better

Thank you Andrew
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Options
    Polaris

The polaris water heater was rebadged as a LENNOX complete heat for a few years. I have a customer with one. I just love laying on the floor to service this poorly designed piece. I would stay as far away as you can from the Polaris.
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Options
    Lennox complete loss

I had a complete heat. It was complete of problems! Even the air handler coil leaked after 6 years. Lets not talk about the electronic cards! I finally gave up when the boiler leaked.

I replaced everythig with the best unit York makes. It has modulating fire and fan. It uses an outdoor sensor to anticipate both heating and cooling loads. It is the most comfortable setup I have ever had.

In you condo, I would go with a Knight boiler, indirect hot water tank and a NEW air handler because we know it will leak! The efficiency of the Knight plus its reliability is something to seriously look at compared to others out there!
  • RockMtnRad
    RockMtnRad Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Rinnai

Rinnai makes a Tankless water heater and an air handler that work together. I've installed several without any problems, they just work!
  • RockMtnRad
    RockMtnRad Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Rinnai

Rinnai makes a Tankless water heater and an air handler that work together. I've installed several without any problems, they just work!
  • WFSmith
    WFSmith Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Replacement for Lennox Complete heat

Lennox will give you a boiler if you can show that the tank has gone bad.
This discussion has been closed.