Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need an old wirsbo thermostat - a 508

Options
Hi,

I need an old working wirsbo 508 thermostat. One gave out on me and the wirsbo guy said I had to change all the thermostats on one zone and put in a new controller. He wasn't sure but he did not think I had to put in new controllers in the whole house plus all new thermostats. I was hoping someone might have an old 508 on a shelf somewhere. Thanks. 

Comments

• zacmobile
    zacmobile Member Posts: 211
    Options

the old wirsbo 508 was and still is made by tekmar controls. you should be able to pick one up at most heating supply places.

http://tekmarcontrols.com/zoning/508.html
  • Longshot
    Longshot Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Old 508

Thanks for the help, but that's not the old 508. The old 508 is really old. The problem is they never changed the number, just the thermostat. I'll try to send a picture when I get back home from Thanksgiving. Pretty lousy of them to change the thermostat and not the number. This old one was controlled by the 514 controller and I am not sure they didn't keep that number too.
  • Longshot
    Options
    Here is the picture

I know it's old. Built the house 20 years ago. I thought maybe someone had it on their shelf.

Doug
  • zacmobile
    zacmobile Member Posts: 211
    edited November 2011
    Options
    oh

I'd totally forgotten about those, I actually have a 308 in my little heating museum. They have 2K sensors as opposed to the newer 10K, which makes upgrading a pain, you have to change out the main boiler/mixing control too. Have you thought about upgrading?

BTW, technically they are not thermostats but Room Temperature Units. (RTU)
  • Longshot
    Options
    Old Room Temperature unit

By any name it's the same pain. I have thought about changing everything out, and it makes me shudder. I still don't know if I have to change out every control unit in the house, anlong withe every room tempererature unit along with every actuator. The Uponer guy says maybe I can change one zone and it will work, but I can see conflicts with the boiler controls. It's a nightmare, and maybe, just maybe, I can find one on the web.

Doug
This discussion has been closed.