Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermostat comparison?

Options
ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,768
I'm being my usual self (I'm very picky and over analyze things) and looking for the best manual thermostat for use with single pipe steam in my single family house.

I currently have a T87F.  I'm interested in a newer digital thermostat mainly because I like to know when the burner is on or off.  The T87F doesn't show this unless the ring is removed so you can see the switch.

The digital stats I'm looking at are the Honeywell round T8775 and Honeywell Focuspro 5000.  Is there any difference for my needs between these two or is the only difference cosmetics?

Will they perform any different than the T87F mercury stat I'm using right now?  I have the heat anticipator off and would most likely set the new stat to 1 cycle per hour.
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    the beauty of the big box store

why not get a focuspro, and just wire it temporarily [no leveling needed]. if you don't like it, then take it back [save the packaging].--nbc
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,768
    Options
    Other options

Do any modern thermostats have an anticipator like function that will shut the heat off early to allow the heavy cast iron rads to coast up to temperature to prevent an overshoot?

Honestly between the focuspro and the digital round I prefer the looks of the round.  I just don't know if its any good?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • turtle
    turtle Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Return used T stat !!!

Sad....I hope you are kidding
This discussion has been closed.