Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Delavan nozzle problems...

Options
STEVEusaPA
STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
Just throwing it out there.  Has anyone had any problems with Delavan nozzles purchased in the month?  Seems like I had a bad batch.  Had to replace 4  .85X80A's, that were all installed from the same purchased lot.  These nozzles were just installed during the annual tune-up.  There have been other hollows, and a few solids, some I installed, fired up the unit, nozzle no good, then replaced with same nozzle from another batch, fired fine.

I've had a few bad new nozzles before, but a this seems excessive.  Any one else see anything similar?

Thanks

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Will keep an eye out.

Thanks Steve. I haven't, but will keep an eye out. We are still working off nozzles from a mid summer shipment. Recent order came in Friday.

Thanks.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    I'll also keep an eye out

They do have a 30 day warranty, so by all means turn them back in. If you are out of warranty, then at least bringing it to someone's attention will let them know that a problem exists. Most just change the nozzle, and heave the old one into the trash or brass pile, and manufactures have no idea there is a problem in the field. I am a squeeky wheel when it comes to that kind of stuff. Just be civil about it, and the reps will generally side with you, or a drop in sales will result.
This discussion has been closed.