Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Correct Pressuretrol Setting for my EG45 Weil McLain (Gas) Steam Boiler

Ritzy
Ritzy Member Posts: 34
What should the proper settings be on a Pressuretrol Device for an EG-45 Weil-Mclain (gas) steam boiler?

The most recent plumber who "tuned up" my boiler over the summer, moved the Pressuretrol's exterior, vertical calibrator to "1" and moved the inside white, horizontal, circular disc to "2".  Now, the 2nd floor of my house doesn't seem to get enough heat and the boiler shuts itself off quickly.

Should the settings on my Pressuretrol device be adjusted further?

Thanks so much!

P.S.- I have had the two (2) main basement vents changed on the overhead

pipes, thinking that would help.  I remove a bucket of water from the

boiler 1x a week during the heating season.

Comments

04090 Member Posts: 142
    Try this

One learner to another, I've turned mine way down and it's working better than ever.

As I understand it, yours will go to 3 pounds, stop and drop to 1 before starting again.  Try 1.5 on the outer dial on 0.5 on the inner.  Works here, it goes to 2 and drops to 1.5 before starting up again.  I'm going to try dropping the 1.5 setting lower over time.

I also had to clean out the pigtail to get mine working.  Was overlooked at the annual service for years, and was blocked with crud.  Worth checking out sometime, but it seems yours is working.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
    I would

Post this in the strictly steam section.  Your system should run perfectly fine on 1 PSI of pressure or less.

My EG-45 never even sees more than 0.5 psi and she heats the whole house
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
This discussion has been closed.