Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Temperature within a mechanically ventilated structure

I am working on a building in Arizona. It will be basically a rectangular 160 sq ft box. Within the building will be some electronic equipment which will generate a relatively small amount of heat - 5000 btu/hr, including equipment and lights.

I am trying to determine the maximum outdoor temperature which would yield a temperature of 122 degrees F inside of the building. We will be continually ventilating the structure with 2800 cfm of out side air.

I have attempted to model the building using a load program, but the parameters are outside of the range of the program.

Thus far the best I could model on the computer is that 106 degree outdoors would yield 112 degrees F indoors.

Any thoughts or recommendations as to how I could determine at what outdoor temperature we would end up with 122 degrees indoors?

Comments

• arizona sweatlodge

is 122 deg. your desired target temperature, or is it a "not to be exceeded" maximum temperature?--nbc
  • dfru
    dfru Member Posts: 27
    Arizona structure

122 degrees F is the maximum desired temperature within the structure.
  • dfru
    Arizona structure

• dfru
    Arizona structure

• hot box

if you reduce your solar gain with a white roof and walls, or shiny metal panels, and move more air through the structure as the temperature rises, i would think that you could keep the interior temperature close to the the outside ambient air temperature. will you exhaust the air from the ceiling area? i am not a hvac engineer, just a steam enthusiast.--nbc
This discussion has been closed.