Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

controls on radiant

superdave
superdave Member Posts: 155
What is the best floor temp range on radiant when using floor sensor on quick tracks and joist tracks. I have installed two zones of joist track and five zones of quick tracks. All with floor sensor and room t-stat. Four zones of quick tracks have tile or stone floor. One zone of quick track with wood finish. Two zones of joist track with 2" of wood flooring.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,812
    depends on the sensor location

generally you do not want the surface temperature much over 80- 83 F. A surface temperature above that range becomes un-comfortable to walk on. The radiant design should be able to heat the space on a design day without exceeding that floor surface temperature.

In some cases high load spaces may need supplemental heat to meet the load on design days. In a residential application 25- 27 btu/ sq. ft is a reasonable expectation.

If the sensor is located below the wood subfloor and wood flooring, that may need to be adjusted higher than a sensor in a bare concrete slab, for example.

The floor sensor can be used to provide a temperature limit or to maintain a minimum floor temperature for a bath floor in the summer perhaps.

You may need to play around for a bit to get them dialed in to your comfort expectations. That is an ideal setup having both air and floor sensing.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • superdave
    temps

Thanks, I have my flow sensors set to run a min. temp. of 76F and a max. temp of 82F. What is your thoughts.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,812
    try it

and see if it provides enough heat. You may need to bump it up a bit as the weather cools, and the heat load increases.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • superdave
    OK

What about the min. temp. at 76F do think the pumps & zone valves be open to much with no rest like on a day like to 50F out door temp. Should I drop temp to have a longer down time I am just trying to keep the floor in a good comfort temp.
This discussion has been closed.