Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

owner

Painter
Painter Member Posts: 4
Installing PE110 in old house that has oil fired boiler converted from gravity with a series 100 B&G pump. System has 2" supply and return necked down to 1-1/4" at the boiler with cast iron rads throughout the house (a 2-1/2 story single home). Do you think a Taco 007 is enough pump for my secondary piping?

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    RE

A converted gravity system is not the right application for the Taco 007. It moves the water too fast, creating uneven heating throughout the house. You want a high GPM, low head pump just like the B&G 100.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Gravity Conversions:

Another way is to connect the supply and returns on the boiler and leave whatever pump is in place. Connect two closely spaced tees, install a Taco "I" Series 4 way mixer and a circulator and you will have boiler protection, outdoor reset, and it won't matter what you have for a secondary circulator. The boiler will have whatever flow it has, and the secondary piping/system will have, and the two shall meet in the primary loop. The provided sensors that come with the valve will control the system temperature and it will be a beautiful thing. With all radiators getting warm at the same rate because the secondary system starts out cold, like it did when it was gravity, and rises to whatever temperature the outside dictates.

A truly beautiful thing.
  • Painter
    owner

Triangle Tube PE 110 has integral outdoor reset and pump. I'm not sure but I think a Taco I series mixing valve would be overkill. I need to match series 100 B&G to a taco 00 series pump. You guys are fast. Thank You! Anything else?
  • Painter
    owner

Thanks Gordy, I'll check it out when I come back to shop This PM.
This discussion has been closed.