Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco, ESP, EVB, CENTRY ZONE VALVES

MAC930
MAC930 Member Posts: 1
Just wondering if anyone else is having failures with these valves? My customers and I are frustrated with these valves. Taco's date code doesnt work when you get valves a year old from distrubitors. I have a apartment complex that are failing for a third time!  Hope I just got all the bad ones.

Comments

• TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Just replaced two

ESP heads with Sentry heads. Same problem with date codes, they were sitting on the shelf for almost 3 years.

FOR ANYONE ONE BUYING TACO ZONE VALVES...REFUSE ANYTHING WITH AGING DATE CODE.

What pisses me is TACO knew there was a problem, it should have been a recall not a warranty issue.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 709
    Taco EBV valve

Good morning

I contacted MAC930 about the problems he’s experiencing with the Taco valves.  It could be something as simple as placing a resistor across the valve thermostat terminals when using a power robbing (digital) thermostat.  We publish that information in the instruction sheet.  Taco has built a reputation as a company that stands behind the product.  Sometimes it appears the product is having issues, but it might not be the product; the assumption is the product is bad.  Truthfully, as an applications engineer answering customer questions, I have learned to always keep an open mind before jumping to conclusions.  I have had customers call me about a pump that is not pumping water.  They would change out 3 pumps and then pick up the phone to call tech support for help.  The first question I ask is “how many pumps does it take before you realize it’s not the pump?” 1, 2, 3 times!!  How frustrating it must be for the do it yourselfer who does not have a good understanding of the system purge requirement after installing a pump and changes out the pump.

Similarly, electronic valves have certain nuances that can appear to be a valve problem.  Admittedly, Taco had some issues with the first generation of electronic zonevlaves when it introduced almost 10 years ago.  A lot of those valves are still in operation today. 
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    What exactly was the issue

and why did it only affect  some of them? Give me an address and I will send you the two that failed, if it was the "issue" send me two more. If it was just plain old wear and tear from two long years of service you can just keep them.
This discussion has been closed.