Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

heating

just had a no heat call on an oil fired hot air with draft induced through the wall chimmney    found a push button reset inside induced draft fan control box

have a goodman gas fired heat/cool furnace   doesnt fire   trouble code 3 bleeps   says fan proving switch is open   ??????   getting confused 

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    power vent?

I can only assume that there is a power vent on the oil fired warm air, sounds like a Side Shot? If the thermal switch tripped, you had excessive heat somehow. Either the vent is not wired properly and the draft fan did not run last cycle, or the post purge is not post purging due not being wired properly, or post purge time relay is no good. Need more info. The gas unit I couldn't tell you what is wrong.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Three Beeps:

Bill,

I once shut off a boiler to work on it on a Friday and left it off for the weekend. It was cold but not to freeze up the house. I finished up on Monday. I fired off the boiler, a Weil-McLain HE-6, and it wouldn't fire. No draft or fan prover switch open.

Over the weekend, the little meeces got up inside the boiler where it was warm and toasty and gnawed on the red and white rubber tubes for the draft prover switch. That took me a few to find that one.

Today, it is a Munchkin. Lets see them meeces get inside there.
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    goodman issue

look at the wiring diagram located proving switch jump out switch see if unit runs if it runs you need a switch rewire switch tell customer its a safety swtch and needs replacing do not leave swtch jumped out
This discussion has been closed.