Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

haventseenenough

Does anybody know about Monitor MZ boilers? The boiler I am servicing will fire, run for a short time, about 40 seconds then shut down. It seems to be running on high limit, not flashing to steam. Boiler prv may have failed and does not provide make up water. Also the flow switch could be acting up. I put a guage on the infloor side of the system 10psi no heat exchanger. Boiler guage most likely failed, any thoughts. Thanks in advance

Comments

• bill nye_3
    bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
    I would

I would start by repacing the boiler gauge, the water feeder, and the flow switch. But you already know that.

Is the circulator ok ?
  • haventseenenough
    haventseenenough Member Posts: 61
    monitor boiler

bill the internal and external circs are running, both original, grundfos and taco respectively. as i understand this model is discontinued parts are hard to come by. also the internal expansion tank has failed.
  • bill nye_3
    bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
    yeah,

, I went to Monitor school in the late 80's or early 90's. Worked on one or two but very long time ago. I do 98.9% oil.

Crude, but you can hook a temporary expasion tank to a boiler drain connection. Could the circualtor pumps be air bound? Are they moving any water ?
  • haventseenenough
    haventseenenough Member Posts: 61
    monitor boiler

The internal circulator has failed, could not hear the boiler flashing too much background noise. And the darn thing is so very quiet.
This discussion has been closed.