Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

hot water heating help

jc_11
jc_11 Member Posts: 8
I hope someone might help me. Ive been a plumber for 18yrs, but sad to say, new construction for the most part. Ive helped put boilers in from time to time, but on the whole my expertise in troubleshooting heating systems are shaky at best.......i have dans book on steam heating and the pocket version for steam and thats helped with the steam end, but now i am in a pickle for me anyway....for you guys its a walk in the park i guess. I have a customer, the system is a hot water boiler her complaint is heat on the first floor , no heat or slight heat on the second.....im thinking possibly a control problem like a zone valve or possibly the rads need to be bled......any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Air bound

Start at the boiler room. Check system psi 12-15 psi. Is an air scoop on the system? Is the circulator pumping away from the compression tank? Is the auto fill on, or off? Is there any noticable leaks?  Is system zoned with circs or valves? Are they operational? If all this checks.

With the circulator off start at the baseboard farthest from the boiler, and bleed any air periodically checking boiler psi, and bump up as needed as air is removed.

Thats a start

Gordy
This discussion has been closed.