Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The Most Beautiful Radiator

Options
I was up in Jim Thorpe PA this weekend. I took a tour of the Asa Packer Mansion. The first room we went into was his home office, there standing in front of his bank of windows were two of the most detailed cast steam radiators I have ever seen. Most of the town still uses steam to heat their stores and homes. The main portions of the home were heated with indirect radiators the bedrooms had more of those beautiful radiators. He had that home built in two years for $14,000 in 1861. Those were the days.

Comments

• moneypitfeeder
    moneypitfeeder Member Posts: 249
    Options
    where's the pics?

awww come on, you couldn't sneak 1 pic?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Joe B.
    Joe B. Member Posts: 9
    Options
    sorry no photos inside

When we first walked in they said no photos inside at all. If you wanted pictures you can buy the post cards. I asked about taken one of the radiator, they said sorry. At the end of the tour they had a sign up for tips, I said sorry
  • Dave in QCA
    Dave in QCA Member Posts: 1,785
    Options
    always wanted to go there

I am familiar with the property, but have never visited in person.  It is a nationally historic site.  Also, the Harry Packer mansion in the same town is not to shabby either.  I was just now looking through some of my books for an interior picture, but came up empty handed.
    Dave in Quad Cities, America
    Weil-McLain 680 with Riello 2-stage burner, December 2012. Firing rate=375MBH Low, 690MBH Hi.
    System = Early Dunham 2-pipe Vacuo-Vapor (inlet and outlet both at bottom of radiators) Traps are Dunham #2 rebuilt w. Barnes-Jones Cage Units, Dunham-Bush 1E, Mepco 1E, and Armstrong TS-2. All valves haveTunstall orifices sized at 8 oz.
    Current connected load EDR= 1,259 sq ft, Original system EDR = 2,100 sq ft Vaporstat, 13 oz cutout, 4 oz cutin - Temp. control Tekmar 279.
    http://grandviewdavenport.com
This discussion has been closed.