Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Watt Requirement of Becket AFG Oil Burner

Options
All,

I took a pretty bad beating here in the Northeast with that power outage; I was without power from Saturday until Thursday afternoon.  I've decided it's time to get a generator because there's no way I'm going to have a repeat of seeing my breath at bedtime.  I plan to get a +/- 6000 watt portable generator, and get an electrician to break out a switch panel for me so that I can plug it in and throw a switch the next time an extended power outage occurs.  I'm tallying up the watt requirements of the devices I'd like to be able to run simultaneously during an outage, and am wondering what the Beckett AFG burner I have firing my Burnham Megasteam needs in terms of watts (running and startup).  Do any of you know offhand?    By the way... I'm looking at the Stanley All Weather Generator, because of its ability to run in rain/sleet/snow.  The other generators I see don't seem to advertise the ability to run outside in bad weather, and setting one up inside my garage with a custom exhaust running through the wall/door to the outside is not an option I'm willing to consider. My garage is under my main living space, and I don't want to hear the generator below me as it puts me and my family permanently to sleep.   Thanks in advance for your replies...  

Comments

• MrDvorak
    MrDvorak Posts: 63
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Look at your motor

What does the sticker on the motor say? Mine is 1.7A / 115V -> ~ 200 VA -> No more than 200 Watts.

Edit: Mine is Beckett RWB.
This discussion has been closed.