Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat Loss Calculations

Options
Hi,

I'm doing a heat loss calculation for my heating class. I've been given a graph of the house and have figured out the room sizes and all the heat loss calculations using Slant Fin Heat Loss Express. One problem I'm having with the program is that it says it needs more data for the hallway. I did input the length and width of the room and the ceiling and floor data is the same through the whole house. The only thing different is that there are no doors, or windows in the hallway and it is in the middle of the house so it does not border any cold partitions and has no exposed walls. This isn't a big deal though since it only stops me from choosing a slant fin boiler for the project.

I would like to go with a Biasi B-10 boiler for the project. I would include a Riello burner and Phase III Smart Series indirect water heater. My problem is that the total heat loss for this home would be 48 MBH and the the smallest Baisi B-10 is 58 MBH. I'm thinking that the extra btus could be used for the 36 gallon indirect. I have this system in my home and was told, before installing it, that I didn't have to add any additional btus if I used a priority control for the water heat, which I did.

So what do you think? Would a Baisi 3 section be too big for this job? Or will this work out if I add the indirect without a priority control.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.