Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A big thanks to the guys at Taco...

AlexS
AlexS Member Posts: 69
Im still pretty green when it comes to residential hydronic heating, and I had to put up a thread last week about a noisy circulator.  Well over the weekend I got an email from Johnny White, the man in charge over at Taco... He put me in touch with Joe Mattiello who informed me about a run of circulators when this model was first introduced that had a bit of a whine to them... I may have just received some old stock from my local supplier.  He offered to replace it.

I just sent Joe my address yesterday afternoon, and a new circulator was on my front porch when I got home today.  These guys are fantastic.....

Comments

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    These guys are fantastic ...

I am just a homeowner who had a new boiler installed May 2009. There is a Taco 007 for the boiler circulator (primary-secondary piping), and Taco 007-IFCs for the rest. One was very slightly noisy, but not right at the start. It sounded a little like air in it, but that did not seem likely because it pumps straight up into about 80 feet of copper tubing and  28 feet of Slant/Fin, so the air should get pumped up there and cause problems upstairs. Furthermore the nosy circulator was after a Taco 4900 series microbubble eliminator sitting on top of the expansion tank.

Somehow I was put in touch with Joe Mattiello and we talked about it. I wondered if I could tell the difference between air in there and cavitation. He said he would send me a new circulator and I should try it. That fixed it. I offered to send him back the noisy one, but he said he did not need it.  I looked at it and it seemed pretty much like new.  IFC valve free to move, and no dirt to speak of. Nothing obvious.

Yes, the people at Taco are really great.
This discussion has been closed.