Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steve Jobs

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
I just read <em>Steve Jobs</em> by Walter Isaacson. What a book! 
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,491
    jobs

I'll have to keep an eye out for that book. PBS had a 1hr show on last night on Steve Jobs, it was a balanced look at an extremely bright guy who could be ruthless if he thoght it was necessary.

i don't think we'll see someone like him again for a long time.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • njwebdevguy
    njwebdevguy Member Posts: 33
    There are lots of people with his talent

He just had a gift of showmanship that few people have.

I met the two Steves when I was a kid.. they visited NYC on a cross country trip during which they were trying to sell their computer kit to phone phreaks as a super-accurate dialing device. This was sometime in the early or mid 70s - around the time when they had first hooked up a cassette deck to load programs onto it. (that would date it, I dont remember exactly what year it was) They gave me a ride back to the place I was staying late that night in their van, which was filled with cardboard boxes and computer boards, and smelled terribly because they were both addicted to chocolate milk. It was a surreal ride which I will always remember because at that time, in NYC late at night, hookers would try to stop cars by standing right in front of them. I had to warn them to lock their doors as we came across a human chain of hookers stretching across what I think was probably around 9th Ave/23rd St. area.. Then they dropped me off at my door. In later years I met Steve Jobs two more times at parties but never had the chance to speak with him at length again. I was very sad to hear that he had died.
This discussion has been closed.