Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Heat System Help

Options
Jaylee
Jaylee Member Posts: 1
Hi Everyone,

I am new here, (physically located in Northern California), and have been reading your posts about radiantec.

I really wish the decision is easy, if the fund were enough, I would not go with a buget system. however, with the budget available, I am considering using radiantec product. I have found a lot negative posts about this company, but most of them seem to be around 2004, and issues being the opening system they promoted.does it mean, during the past few years, they have improved?

In my case, they quoted me an "indirect system" using a heat exchanger (with polaris being the heat source).

1- will this eliminate the water mixing problem?

2 - if there is no water mixing problem, is this system a good system to install? ( their pax tubing is life time warrenty, vs. another local contractor's tubing only has 25 year warrenty)

3-   if I install this budget system now as how they designed, is it possible to switch to a more traditional system (boiler + indirectly fired water heater?)

4- what kind of potential problem could happen if using this system? (long term and short term?)

5- they provided heat loss calc. How do I know if it is enough?

6- the tubing they proposed is 1/2". is this good? or should use 7/8?

7 - between joists for upper level, they have 1 loop, is that enough?

Okay, that's alot of questions! I have never done radiant heating before, so this is what keeping me up at night - wanting a reliable system that fits my small budget.

I really appreciate your help!

Thanks very much

Jaylee

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Some Advice

I checked their tubing warranty. 30 years from age related breakdown. Generally the industry practice is 3/8" tubing with heat transfer plates when the radiant is being used as a primary heat source. If just floor warming then using no plates is ok.

Water temps are dictated by the radiant heat loss and sub and finished floor r-values. Generally it costs more to fix a budget system that isn't working properly then initial installation costs for a properly installed system.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.