Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydronic access port

Bill H.
Bill H. Member Posts: 30
I want a port for pouring boiler cleaner/inhibitor solutions into my boiler piping system. My baseboard emitters have no vents. My thought is to obtain a T-fitting type of device that has a screw in cap  to allow access to the system. My piping is 3/4 copper, so I guess a sweat fitting would be required. Anyone know if such a port is available? Otherwise, how can get the needed access? Thanks for any input, Bill


  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    If you need....

    to add in cleaner, inhibitor, etc.....that should be done through a boiler drain on the boiler and use a transfer pump.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Quick and Easy way of inducing chemicals into a system...

    Go to Home Depot, and purchase their small manual hand pump, and the fittings necessary to get you from their discharge hose to a 3/4" female hose adapter.

    Turn off the make up water, and bleed the system pressure to 0 PSI. Connect hand pump to drain cock on system, and start pumping chemicals in. If another remote drain cock is available, let out the same amount of fluid you are pumping in. Once done, disconnect hoses, and turn makeup water back on. Done properly, you will get very little air into the system, which should self purge.


    Good luck.

    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
This discussion has been closed.