Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Home owner

Muskrat Member Posts: 1
Have Lochinvar 80 gallon solar hot water heater. Need a tank sensor, 10 K thermistor type with instructions for attachment to bolt device on lower tank wall.


  • matt_sunwaysolar
    matt_sunwaysolar Member Posts: 61
    Lochinvar Sensor Connection

    The best way to go

    is to get an 8" probe type 10k sensor That way, you'll read pretty near the

    center of the tank. You'll also want to get the appropriate thermowell (8") in

    stainless or brass. Remove the "Aquastat" probe/connection, which I believe is a

    3/4" male thread connection. Install the thermowell into the port and insert the

    sensor with heat transfer paste. There are also compression fittings available

    to positively connect the probe sensor in the thermowell, which are

This discussion has been closed.