Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot Water Radiator Problem

jimc101
jimc101 Member Posts: 2
I have old hot water radiators that all work perfectly except for one.  I have bled this unit but do not get heat.  The line feeding into the radiator is warm but this is never felt in the radiator.  Might I have a small blockage in the radiator?  If I can close the valve and the unit be snaked?

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Are you positive the valve is open???

Older valves are a 1/4 turn valve, and when looking at them from the top, clockwise is closed. These older valves actually had a feature built into them for freeze protection. It is a 1/16" hole drilled in the gate, that always allows just a LITTLE trickle of heat to flow to the radiator for freeze protection.

I have had one radiator with an air blockage due to someone creating an air trap by knuckle heading the plumbing, and it was a bear cat to get purged. Other than that, I've never come across one that was completely blocked due to rust. Possible, but doubtful.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
This discussion has been closed.