Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Brewery steam boiler system

I'm a professional brewer currently in the construction phase of a new small brewery and am running into quite a bit of confusion about our steam system design and installation. There is not a lot of experience in our area with breweries or steam application, so we are learning as we go. We'll be brewing on a 3-vessel, 15 BBL brewhouse, with low pressure steam directed to the mash tun, kettle, and 30 BBL hot liquor tank, all located right next to the boiler room. Our boiler must be oil fired.

I've talked to people (including our equipment supplier) that say "it's not complicated, you don't need to engineer the system. Just buy a properly sized boiler and hook it to the brewhouse. A line drawing is fine." But our mechanical engineer seems to be having a bit of trouble with that and I'm not sure what to do.

Anyone with brewery experience have advice? How complicated should this be? I don't want to over-engineer anything, but I also want to make sure I'm making the right steps now so I won't regret it later.
This discussion has been closed.