Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

B&G air eliminator temporaly spurts water for 2 seconds?

Options
Hi Guys

I would like to first start off by saying that this is my first post and thank you in advance for any input you may have.  Here is the situation.  My friend has a relatively new Hot water heating system in his house in Staten Island NY.  He recently had a sprinkler system installed for his landscaping.  Everytime his sprinkler comes on the B&G air emilinator for the boiler spurts water for 2 seconds.  This even happens when the domestic water to the boiler feeder is shut off.  It doesnt happen when he shuts the cold water valve to his Weil McLain storage tank.  His house is right on a major road and was told by the sprinkler installer that his water pressure was extremely high.  He has traced out all of the lines and is confident that there isnt any cross contamination between domestic water and boiler water.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

Crafty

Comments

• Robert_25
    Robert_25 Member Posts: 527
    Options
    Look at the water heater...

If his domestic water pressure is really high, perhaps it is causing the indirect hot water heater to "flex" enough to cause a small surge on the boiler side of the tank?  Another possibility is that the water heater has a hole in the inner tank, but if that were the case I would expect the system pressure on the boiler side to be abnormally high. 

I had a WM indirect water heater in my own home that did some funny things...when I turned on the hot water fixture in my basement sink, the flow check on the zone running the indirect would rattle...a few months later the pressure relief valve on my boiler started leaking.  I determined that the water heater had a pinhole in the inner tank; I replaced the tank and all has been well since then.
This discussion has been closed.