Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

And so it begins.

ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
Just ran most of the new gas line, installed the water heater and started sizing up pipes for the boiler.  The gas line still needs to be inspected and they have not run the line from the road yet but I'm thinking they will in a week.

The demolition of the chimney and installation of the B-vent went extreamly well so I think I finally see light at the end of the tunnel.  Boiler is an EG-45 to be plumbed in via two 2" risers into a 3" drop header.  I went with all Ward cast iron fittings for the steam piping.

Once Its all together and working I have a ton of pipe insulation to install, yay. :)
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• Wethead7
    Wethead7 Member Posts: 170
    Risers

I think I would have used larger risers. They tapped the boiler in what looks to be 3 inch. I was thinking larger less chance to suck water with the steam. Looks good thou.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
    3-inch risers would have been nice but,

Weil-Mclain specified a minimum of a single 2.5" riser so I decided to go with two 2" risers instead.

The two 2" risers should work really well and I simply could not afford to build a 3" drop header with two 3" risers, the fittings are just way too expensive.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    I agree with Chris

The steam velocity will be quite slow with the 2-2" risers. Steam should be nice and dry.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
This discussion has been closed.