Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell T-stat

Options
ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,706
Ok first off I'm somewhat embarrased to post this as I am usually very good at figuring out these things.  One of my hobbies is restoring antiques and being careful to figure out things and not damage anything.

However!  I have an older Honeywell T-stat with a mercury bulb which is gold in color and has a plate on the wall.  I cannot figure out how to remove the t-stat from the wall or tweak it as far as leveling goes.  I've been told by several people that this thermostat is actually pretty good for steam heat so I'm planning on keeping it.  Is this large round plate behind it optional?  I have the anticipator set all the way up on 1.2 which I believe was recommended for steam.

Though this picture is from before we owned the house it shows the t-stat.
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    RE

Pop off the round ring by hand. There should be 3 set screws to loosen, but they won't come out. One is hiding behind the mercury bulb.
This discussion has been closed.