Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wall hung non condensing boiler

DD_5
DD_5 Member Posts: 36
I'm looking for a good non-condensing wall hung boiler. This will be for a Yurt (in other words a fancy tent with foil wrap for 'insulation'...word to the wise, don't buy one). It currently has five wall hung steel panel radiators on a single loop. So all I need is a small non-condensing boiler to hang in a little out-building taht will heat this little zone.

I didn't design this originally and I curse whoever did but I want to help out my customer.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    I believe

Baxi makes a non condensing wall hung.
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Does Biasi still make the Riva?

I used the Riva a couple of times. Fairly inexpensive little non condenser. Not sure if it is still available or not.
  • meplumber
    Just found this.

http://www.qhtinc.com/riva.html

They only fire down to 37k. May be too much for only five rads.

Good Luck. Let us know how you make out.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    He's

heating a tent, so have a feeling he'll have a lot of heat loss..LOL
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    Embassy...

Axia 20E is another option.
  • meplumber
    Good point Ichmb

didn't think of that
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,048
    Having lived in a yurt

For a couple years back in the day ( mine was built with interlaced 1x3's, insulation and tar paper siding) I feel your pain. I heated with wood, had a propane light and stove, carried water and the ultimate unheated outhouse.

A different route for your yurt, and we've done a bunch of them, is with a Rinnai Energysaver. Easy peasy. Probably the ES38 model.
  • DD_5
    DD_5 Member Posts: 36
    great leads..

Thanks all for the great ideas..as soon as I get a chance to get back in my office I'm on it.

Jack...right...if you're gonna live in a yurt you have to be prepared for the rough and ready DIY experience. Unfortunately this one has a very cheerful 89 year old lady living in it. Luckily its an out building to the main house where her kids live so she can escape to civilization when needed.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.