Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

weil mcclain blrg5 boiler?

ddp
ddp Member Posts: 1
Can anyone confirm if there is such a model boiler by weil mcclain as blr g5?

Is it discontinued? If yes, what model might be comparable?

Is it special order?

Does it have unique characteristics?

I am checking a contractor's 'story' about why ordering this boiler is taking so long (more than six weeks) and want to know why another model can't be considered.

(columbus OH)

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    edited October 2011
    Weil-McLain BIRG-5 Boiler:

A review of what is available at the Weil-McLain website does not show any appliance by that designation. So, I must ask, where that boiler designation "BIRG-5" come from? Did you come up with it and where did you get it from? Did the contractor come up with that designation/model? It's my experience that a normal, residential Weil-Mclain boiler can be delivered on the day it is ordered.

It sounds like your contractor doesn't want to do the job for you. For some reason.

"If someone calls you on the phone, they want to spend money". If you called me on the phone, and we could come to favorable terms, I would start tomorrow or at least on Monday.

Is there more to this story that you haven't stated? 

OBTW,

I've been installing Weil-McLain boilers for over 40 years and I have never heard of a "BIRG-5" Boiler"
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    edited October 2011
    hmm

BLRG5

blr=boiler.......g5=WGO5

Just guessing...Did you make a deposit? Do you have a contract and does it give a start time for the install?
  • D lux_2
    D lux_2 Member Posts: 230
    thanks you guys are still the best

this is an ins. job the contractor is jacking them around . I told them to post here and see if this boiler was made . They didnt have much choice in the contractor
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    insurance

In some states insurance companies can set price based on quotes but cannot require you to use anyone. You may only get a certain amount of money but can take that and go elsewhere.. Since the heating season is on it's way, I would be after my insurance company..;)
This discussion has been closed.