Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot Water Rads

Greg Maxwell
Greg Maxwell Member Posts: 212
I was on a job Friday, and came across some radiators that I've never seen before. Has anyone ever seen these before? I am looking for a way to figure EDR on them

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    Those look...

Like Weil-Mclain Cabinet rads.... they are listed in EDR.... got dimentions?
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    edited October 2011
    Weil McLain Cabinet Raydiant

I agree w/kcopp, I'm trying to scan the pages from my EDR book, if i have any luck ill try to post them
  • Greg Maxwell
    Rads

That is exactly what they are Mikey, thanks for the help. Its always nice to see something new out in the field. Id actually like to be able to sell these now. They are an awesome system, convector and radiator in one. You ought to see the W/M boiler running it! Its an old 77 series, everything original, excet they retrofitted a Beckett to it. Even the B&G pumps are original!
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Rads

No problem Greg, they are some cool looking rads, post some more pics of the whole system if you get the chance
  • Greg Maxwell
    Hot Water Rads

This was truely a great job. It is alsot a shame to change out that boiler, everything (to me anyway) is artwork. All threaded pipe, all properly insulated, the system still had the original limit control, flowchecks, pumps, even the original water feeder. But, you could throw a cat though the passages of the boiler, and I could smell soot the moment I walked into the basement. The clean out doors were never sealed. So, there hopefully will be a new Biasi SG boiler in its place that will run at 86-87%, with a H/W AQ251 control, outdoor reset, and modulated water temp to the rads. Should be a nice system when its done. Thanks all for the help.

Greg
This discussion has been closed.