Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bumble Bee

MikeyB
MikeyB Member Posts: 696
Anyone know when the Taco's Bumble Bee Circulator will be available?

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Availability

Last update I got was around Feb 2012...
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • veissman_Bob
    veissman_Bob Member Posts: 48
    I have one now

It's a prototype in beta testing.  It's an high efficiency ECM circulator with four operating modes - if I remember right, they're  1.) constant speed (4 choices), 2.)constant temp, 3.) delta T, and 4.) outdoor reset.  The fourth option - outdoor reset - isn't functional in the prototype.  I'm using it on a Vitodens 200 / Vitocell 300 install with two other Taco 0011IFC circulators, 4 zone valves and a Taco ZVC-404 controller.
  • Rodman
    Rodman Member Posts: 9
    Instruction sheet

Here is the Instruction Sheet for the HEC-2, AKA Bumble Bee

http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/102-435.pdf 

Can also search ECM
  • Rodman
    Rodman Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    1-31-12 BUMBLE BEE UPDATE

Douglas Bird,

Taco has responded to the request you submitted on Taco-HVAC.com.

Message: Hi Rick, thanks for inquiring about the Bumble Bee circ. We first presented the Bumble Bee at the May 2010 NAOSHM Show in Providence. It has gone thru a few design enhancements subsequent to our first round of beta field tests to make it even better than the original design. It's in our final beta test now and is planned for market release this Spring. It still has all the Multi-Function capability, runs quieter, has greater performance plus a universal swivel-flange casing.    Do not reply to this email

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.