Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Teledyne Laars EBP-110 LO message

merc476
merc476 Member Posts: 1
Hi,

I've had this unit for about 8 years now.  Within the past year, every so often maybe twice a month, I would'nt get hot water so i'll go down and see the "LO" message on the boiler.  I hit the reset button and then im fine.  Just recently, it's become an every day thing.  In some cases, the temp will just be at about 090 or it would just say "LO".  If it's on "LO" I just hit reset and it's fine.  If it's showing a low degrees like 90, I have to shut the boiler off for a few minutes and turn it back on.  Any idea what can be causing this?  I searched the site and saw a few posts back in 2008 but didn't seem to have any answers.  Thanks!

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    serviced

Have you had a service tech in to go over your unit? Without proper testing equipment, your only going to be guessing what part is failing. All gas equipment should be serviced and inspected. 8 years is a long time without..
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    Circuit board

I have had to replace a few circuit boards on those units.
  • HDE
    HDE Member Posts: 225
    LO=Lockout

LO is Lockout, combustion related, 3 failed ignition attempts results in LO

Meaning it could be just about anything requiring a gamut of testing tools to discover the problem, not quite a DIY diagnostic
This discussion has been closed.