Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for a contractor in the Attleboro, Ma area

Options
I'm considering finally replacing my old Burn-ham Oil fired V33 with a gas fired boiler and I am looking for a good steam guy, somebody that at least knows more about steam systems than I do after reading Dan's books. Part of the upgrade would also be to replace an electric hot water heater to either a tank-less or an indirect. I have looked in the "find a contractor" section, but most of the guys in Mass are anywhere from 1/2 hour to 2 hours away. Thanks for the help.

Dave

Comments

• Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    Options
    Rhode Island?

Dave- I believe Attleboro is fairly close to Rhode Island. There are a couple of good heating guys there that are listed in the "Find a Contractor" section.

- Rod
  • Renaveg
    Renaveg Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Rhode Island

Thanks Rod, you are correct Attleboro borders Rhode Island and I did check the Rhode Island section in "Find a Contractor", but only one of the two listed, state that they are licensed in MA. Have you worked with either of the two listed?
  • Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    Options
    Contractors

If they are listed in the "Find a Contractor" section they are pretty good. I'm not from near there so don't have any experience with either one. Steve Gronski has posted pictures of his steam installations on this website in the past and his work is excellent. Hopefully he is the one with the Mass license.  You might also want to check the pros in Mass as while a quickie service call might be outside their regular territory, doing a larger job like an installation, they may consider going farther afield.

- Rod
  • Renaveg
    Renaveg Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Contractors

Agreed- and yes Steve is the one that is licensed in MA and I do plan on contacting him. Thanks again Rod.

Dave
This discussion has been closed.