Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Plugged Boiler

Options
saber
saber Member Posts: 9
I have a Weil Mclain GV 5 boiler, it keeps getting plugged with rust from condensation. Is the mixing valve bad? If so can i repair it?

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Plugged Boiler:

If you have a "mixing valve" and it is a series 2, with a black fitting under the cover on the top, it IS a mixing valve and it can be repaired. There is a Tech bulletin on how to fix it. It involves removing the plug on the top and inserting  plug into a hole. The boiler may also be piped wrong. Many of these GV boilers were piped wrong because no one reads the manufacturers installation guide on proper piping,

You need to resolve the problem or the boiler will be toast. If it isn't already.

Go to Weil-McLain's Web Site and look for it. Or someone here will direct you to the fix.
  • saber
    saber Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Tech Bulletin

Thanks for the information. I did find the tech bulletin and how to make the repairs. But I didnt find any information on the piping, The piping diagram in the manual is not that clear. The only question I have is the expansion tank piping is piped into the side of the mixing valve below the return piping. Its a 1/2 port below the 1" return line. Im not sure this is correct. This is a GV5 Series 2 Weil Mclain.
This discussion has been closed.