Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heatmaker boiler

JFN
JFN Member Posts: 1
I am looking at replacing a Heatmaker hot water boiler but there is no rating plate with the capacity. There is a plate with the heating surface area (14.7 sq ft). Does any one know how this relates to being a 60,000, 100,000 or 130,000 btu model?

Thanks,

Comments

• Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 347
    Heatmaker

Even if you the know the heating capacity of the Heatmaker you should be doing a heat loss calc to correctly size a boiler. Anyway, there should be a plate with model and serial number inside the cabinet on the back left side. The HW, H, and HP's came in 60k, 100k and 130k and it will be part of the model number. I've seen mainly 130k's for most houses because oversizing didn't matter much because of the 20 gallon buffer tank inside, thus why a heat loss calc is always needed.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    more often than not....

they came set up @ 100k... if you down-fired they had issues... but then again the 1st series has lots of issues period. Overall they were pretty OK. gave you a lot of heat and hot water is a tight space. They had to be installed properly. I would definitely do a heat-loss.....
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    Trianco

There is an air metering orifice inside the black hose on the right side of the heat exchanger. Also there is a gas orifice inside the union between the gas valve and the burner blower. I believe they were stamped with the BTU's
This discussion has been closed.