Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Radiant Mixing

aldefedaldefed Member Posts: 30
Hello,

I have been updating my baseboard heated house to an all radiant on top of floor sandwich.  I have a standard cast iron boiler (which is about 3 X to big) with a Taco 5000 series mixing valve (no outdoor reset).  Over the last few years, I have been adjusting my boiler/radiant settings to get the boiler to fire as little as possible (it only takes the boiler 3 minutes to bring the water up to temp with a 10 delta).  What I found last year, was that I got the boiler to fire the least amount of time and cycles by using 100% constant circulation along with a control I built to increase the boilers delta (it also gave the house the best comfort around 70 F).  I had to manually adjust my mix temp based on the outside temps.  My mix temps are 100 F when it is 20 F outside, 110 F when it is 10 F outside ect.  This could be automatically adjusted with outdoor reset on the mixing valve.  The one issue I was having with the larger delta on the boiler is that the mix temps would vary as the supply water changed from 180 to 140.  Is there a  mixing valve that would have outdoor reset but also maintain a constant mix temp with the changing supply temp?

Thanks,

Al

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!