Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Very funny observation...

Timco
Timco Member Posts: 3,040
So on a gun board I frequent, I posted the question "What have you learned from a movie?"

After several pages of funny replies, one reply was " that in every building, factory or warehouse, every single pipe is filled with steam"

Now THAT is comedy, folks!
Just a guy running some pipes.

Comments

• LarryC
    LarryC Member Posts: 331
    Movie sprinkler systems

Anytime a single head cuts loose, EVERY sprinkler head starts raining water everywhere.
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,491
    Sprinklers

The last eight years of my working life were spent as a technician working on the mail sorting machines at the post office.

At least once a year a certain sprinkler head in the loading dock area would get sheared off by an errant fork lift. This was usually done to get back at a supervisor and caused the entire facility to be evacuated till they could reset the alarm system. All of that would take about 40 minutes.

After seeing this happen at least a half dozen times they finally raised that head by 18" so it was out of reach.

At least the mail handlers were smart enough to shear that head off only during good weather. It would not be much fun to be standing out on Dot Av in a northeaster!

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
This discussion has been closed.