Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.


Owen Member Posts: 147
Please define "bull". 90º ell?


  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,840
    No bull...

    on an elbow to my knowledge. On a tee, the bull is the side branch. The straight through part is the "run" and the side branch is the "bull".

    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Mark is correct.

    A Bull Head Tee is a tee where the flow is directed into the tee through the side branch and then allowed to flow out the two run passages.

    This method is frowned upon as uneven flow is a frequent problem through the two run branches and turbulence is also present as the liquid hits the back wall before dispersing.

    Flow should be as the tee is named. Inlet, Outlet, Branch. Hence a tee would be named 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" X 1 1/4".
  • Owen
    Owen Member Posts: 147

    I get it. Thanks, gentlemen.
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,791

    Just wondering how that part came to be referred to as the bull.Maybe has to do with the nose of the four legged bull.
This discussion has been closed.