Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Corporate Filings and do I really need a lawyer for this?

Options
GW
GW Member Posts: 4,692
hello Mass business people, I have one C corp and two LLC's, and I'm getting weary of sending my lawyer hundreds of $$ every year just to file the paper, and I'm not talking about the 500 fee for LLC.

My CPA sets up the filing fee for the C Corp. But I pay my attorney to file the minutes. Do most of you file your own minutes? I get charged for that so i am wondering if a non-attorney person such as myself can handle this.

For my LLC's I pay the 500 fee (each), plus 200 per LLC for a fee.

I got my online filing ID and PIN, so is it as basic as going through the online page and clinking my way through it? I am guessing there's a polite 'pay $500" at the end, I can use my credit card it seems.

Thanks for any help. With the money I save i will promptly reinvest it into the economy. the only benefit I can see is that i currently get a reminder letter in the mail every year.
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    I am still a C Corp in MA

I cannot answer as to whether or not you can do it. I'd suggest a discussion with your attorney asking how you can work with him but reduce expense. Probably not much you can do with his time and clerical to beat $500, but you never know until you ask. My partner and I continue to let the atty take care of it for us, but we do not have multiple companies. I think my conversation would be how do I best combine the two LLC's and the C to arrive at a more manageable business model. I do know that it is not the easiest thing to convert a C to another format. Good luck. Keep us posted on your solutions!
This discussion has been closed.