Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Air Handler Wanted

NRT_Rob
NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
I am looking for our ideal air handler. we are doing hydronic heated/chilled water with it, but if I have to size coils separately that's fine.

Looking for a unit with the following specs

1. ECM motor

2. Modulates on static pressure/torque only, not to airflow. 0.5 in WCG preferred, adjustable is great.

3. low or no minimum speed on the fan

4. adjustable airflow rates beyond a +/- 10%, at the very least on a continuous operation setting. so if I'd like a 50 CFM continuous, I'd like to be able to dial that in. Certainly want to get to less than 100 CFM there anyway.

There anything like that out there? sure would be nice to be able to dehumidify without doing much cooling, and would be even better to allow zoning without bypass/dumping.
Rob Brown
Designer for Rockport Mechanical
in beautiful Rockport Maine.

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Good luck in your endeavors...

I'm thinking First Company will get you closer than anyone else.

As for control, I have a feeling you will need to go to a good third party for those controls. Maybe use a programmable controller with the requisite pressure sensors/transducers and an output of 1 to 10 VDC.

I'm thinking that part of the problem with de-humidification on low speed is that the compressor will short cycle, and or the coil will freeze, blocking air flow. But then again, I am FULL of hot water:-) Might want to drop a line in the AC/Heat Pump section for better response.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    this is hydronic

so compressor issues are solved with water mass (buffer tank) and freezing is a non-issue.

good idea though, I'll cross post just in case, thanks.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
This discussion has been closed.